I often think of things I wish I could accomplish in a given day if I could only muster the motivation to do them. Sometimes they are even things I enjoy doing but haven’t developed the discipline for turning them into regular habits. Therefore, I have decided to list tasks I would love to accomplish in my ideal day:
- Write in my blog/practice writing in general
- Read 50 pages or so in any given book
- Devote time to a yoga practice
- Practice harp/work on reading music
- Work on quilt or some craft project
- Write to a friend
- Create (bake) something in the kitchen
- Practice singing
- Clean/organize something around the house
- Devote time to spiritual reflection/reading/prayer
- Bask in sunshine
Last year I had made a list of goals (resolutions, perhaps) which I did not accomplish in 12 months time, other than reading 15 books and cleaning out my car (for I had to get rid of it). This year I want to focus on furthering my self care routines. Since one of the most common New Year’s resolutions this year is to “become a better person,” which is ridiculously vague, I have decided to create my own goals to strive for and grow into.
My list above is not one I can realistically expect to complete daily; however, it helps to outline my ideal day. Because of this, I have something tangible to work toward in making every day an ideal day, whether I complete the list or not.